- – ..tomato is an excellent source of vitamin A, C, E, K and B6, thiamine, niacin, but also rich in folic acid, magnesium, phosphorous, copper and b–carotene?
- – ..tomatoes are also rich in lycopene, a known antioxidant with anticancer action.
- – ..have been recorded over 12 .000 tomato varieties?
- – ..when it was introduced in Europe it was called Mala Peruviana or Pomi del Peru?
- – ..for quite some time in Europe, tomato was cultivated as an ornamental plant because it was believed to be poisonous?
- -..you must keep the tomatoes out of the refrigerator because they lose their quality?
- – according to a new research the tomato juice is the best, natural energy drink?
- – ..tomato pulp is very beneficial for the oily facial skin?
- – ..sundried tomatoes are a rich source of iron?
- – ..the word tomato has been used in USA as a slang word for an attractive woman?
- – ..the French used to call tomatoes “pommes d’amour”: apples of love, and the Italians “pomi d’oro”: golden apples?
..more of “Did you know that” next week!