- the origins of Green Tea can be found in China, 5000 years ago, when it was used as a medicine-beverage.
- it is said that green tea infusion was discovered by an Emperor named Sheng Nong, back in 2737 B.C., when a few leaves fell by accident into his boiling water.
- green tea became soon a very popular beverage not only for its taste but for its miraculous benefits as well. In those days tea was exclusively green; the other varieties were developed later.
- during the Ming dynasty, tea trade begun to play a very important role in the state of economy. Soon it became a habit of the elite and until the later part of the Ming dynasty, only the rich could afford it.
- green Tea contains high amounts of Vitamin C.
- it also has powerful antioxidant properties that prevent cell damage, catechins that can be found only in tea leaves and help against bacterial infections and the formation of plaque, while are very beneficial to diabetes and heart diseases.
- green tea can be tasted in many ways! Discover over 20 combinations of green tea and other ingredients in “50 Ways to Drink Tea!”
more of Did you know that.. Soon