- mastic is a resin which is obtained from the trees called mastic trees.
- mastic trees of Chios Island in Greece, produce the world famous therapeutic resin in droplets from the trees.
- the resin is dry and hard but when chewed softens and becomes white. It is a natural sugar free gum with a cedar flavor. It is the oldestt gum of the ancient world.
- it is used for its therapeutic properties since the ancient times. Hippocrates mentioned that mastic is good for prevention of digestive problems and colds.
- decreases levels of total serum cholesterol.
- it helps digestion.
- calms the coughing and stress.
- it is anti inflamatory.
- it has been used as natural medicine for wound healing.
- helps the skin reconstruction.
…more of did you know that soon.