- figs contain iron, magnesium and vitamins C and B.
- are a rich source of fiber, help bowel function and prevent cancer of the colon.
- also have anti-aging properties as they contain phenols and flavonoids.
- you do not need to eat large quantities in order to get their benefits. Two or three every morning is all you need.
- they have laxative properties and help in constipation.
- their content in potassium helps regulation of blood pressure.
- potassium also reduces the loss of calcium through urine.
- their sugar content is slightly higher than other fruits, but they are rich in fiber which helps the absorption of the sugars.
- contain arginine which helps the testosterone production, improves blood circulation and sexual functionality.
- dried figs are rich in trace elements.
- dried figs can be a perfect, healthy snack.
- since the ancient times people dried them in the sun or in ovens and sometimes were used instead of bread.
- because of the numerous, tiny seeds they contain, figs became a symbol of prosperity, fertility and knowledge.
- it is said that one of the reasons that made Xerxes wanting to conquer Greece were the Attic figs.
- figs were the main food of the athletes of the Olympic Games and they were also connected with the worship of Dionysus and Demeter.
…more of did you know that soon.