- it is rich in vitamins A, thiamin, B6, C, beta-carotene, biotin, lycopene, potassium and fiber.
- as an important source of antioxidants it helps us to protect against various types of cancer.
- it contains about 92% water and only 5% sugar.
- the high water content causes diuresis.
- it is best to be consumed before meals and generally with an empty stomach. This facilitates the cleaning of the body of toxins.
- it is said that watermelon was cultivated in Egypt 5000 years ago.
- in the Arab world people eat the watermelon seeds roasted as a tasty snack that goes great with coffe or tea.
- seeds are perfectly safe to be consumed.
- the B6 vitamin that watermelon contains, helps to fight anxiety and phobias.
- in many countries of the world, people accompanying it other flavors such as cheese or prosciutto.
- offering watermelon as a gift comes from antiquity and symbolizes love and friendship.
- it helps the bowel function and constipation and thus it protects from cancer and other bowel disorders.
- the peels can be used as cosmetic masks, as in antiquity.
- over 1200 varieties of watermelon are grown around the world while the leading producer is China.
- there are watermelon varieties with yellow, orange and white flesh.
- three servings of watermelon a day make the skin shine.
…more of did you know that soon.