- back in 1964 theseventeen-year Randy Gardner made a world record by staying awake for 264 hours.
- the average mans’ total dreaming period is about six years.
- a hypnic or a hypnagogic jerk is the muscular jolt that happens sometimes just before falling asleep.
- according to researches a good night’s sleep helps the brain to memorize new words that learned during the day.
- the quality of sleep has an impact on body weight too while a bad and short sleep disrupts the hormonal balance and metabolism.
- diet plays a major role in daytime sleepiness.
- the increased consumption of fats reduces alertness.
- a good night sleep reduces stress.
- ginseng tea is stimulant and may cause hypertension and insomnia.
- during sleep the tissues of the body areincreased reconstructed.
- during sleep, the brain arranges, stores and deletes information files.
- when the mind and body are exercised, sleep comes easily and it is more beneficial.
- the God of sleep, Hypnos, according to the ancient Greeks was the brother of Death, but he was handsome, good with people and used to sprinkle the tired with the dew of oblivion.
- The kids‘s of Hypnos and Pasiphae were, Morpheus (he who shapes forms), Ιckelos, Fovitor and Fantasos. These were the gods of dreams so they were called “Dreams”
- Μorpheus: his name was associated with the form because he has the ability to take various forms, to shape and form the dreams of people.
- Fovitor: his name is associated with fear and it is he who makes the frightening dreams.
- Ichelos: he makes dreams look like real.
- Fantasos: his name is associated with imagination and he is making dreams fantastic and inexplicable.
…more of did you know that soon.