- the virtues of the grape were praised since ancient times.
- there are numerous grape varieties, which are included in three main groups: white, red and rosé grape.
- raisins, grape must, wine and vinegar are produced from the grapes.
- a grape bunch may consist of 6 to 300 berries.
- in ancient Athens, harvesting was accompanied by flute playing, which enhanced the zeal of the workers.
- to produce must, the grapes were pressed by foot – always by the sound of the flute, while the workers were resting one hand on a stick to keep their balance.
- grapes contain potassium, vitamins A, B and C, and regardless of color, also contain antioxidants called flavonoids.
- grape protects heart function, helps in good vision and keeps blood pressure in proper levels.
- still has anti-inflammatory and antiallergic action.
- it is one of the best antioxidant foods.
- the seeds of grapes produce an oil rich in fatty acids, which helps the reduction of cholesterol.
- a medium bunch of grapes (about 50 berries) has about 150 calories.
- grapes are also beneficial for your skin.
- grapes have a strong anti-aging effect, protect collagen and elastin tissues, and help your skin to maintain a youthful appearance.
..more of “Did you know that” soon!